Looks nice and comfortable, huh? Looks are deceiving. It is COLD, not cold like you might find back east, but plenty cold for here! I was reading another blog where they were concerned about -single digit weather at night. OK, it is not that cold...but that kind of cold would really uncomfortable for us here. This weather in the teens at night and not getting above freezing during the day is plenty cold for us, and the wind chill makes it plenty cold! The sun makes you think that it should be warmer, it is not, Brrrrr! Normal Washington Winters are usually mild with lots of cold rain, and the occasional cold snap (like this week) where the skys clear so we don't get much snow usually. The weather predictions say we may get a bit of snow this weekend, I hope so!And yet, I want spring with all the plants bursting with growth. But I know that this cold dormant time is necessary for all the growth that is to come. It makes me anticipate the growth that we will experience our first spring and summer here. I kind of feel like that dormant seed or tree...you can't see much going on...but it is behind the scenes, where no one notices. We are getting the 'foundation' for success ready. Like this earlier week, struggling with internet problems. It had been going down without promise of a problem found...it seemed to escape the technicians understanding for the longest time. It was very aggravating, and yet, if we were busy with customer's issues like we can be during the spring or summer it would be monumentally frustrating and it could cause us to lose our customers because we could not manage their simple requests. As much as I can't wait for this spring & summer, it is really better this way. I keep having to remember we need this wonderful winter weather!

No comments:
Post a Comment