Thursday, January 3, 2008

New...


New. I like to think about new. I get energized and want to make some sort of progress. I don't do much in the way of resolutions, but the new year really makes me feel like moving forward, and this year, organizing. I have a new home, my horses have a new home and I feel like making both more 'homey'.
I thought I would share a tidbit that one of our new tenants shared with me...a strategy for getting organized.
  1. Set aside your treasures, your belongings you will not part with. Our new tenant is moving hers into a storage unit temporarily. Set them aside apart from the rest of your belongings, so they don't command any of your energy right now.
  2. Organize or discard what remains leaving room for your treasures. Our new friend is enlisting the help of her friends in a work party. Since you have already decided what merits keeping and it is easier to streamline or pare down unnecessary belongings. And you won't be worried about the fate of your treasures in the hands of your well meaning friends.
  3. Return your treasures to their place in your home and enjoy the fruits of you hard work, an orderly, organized, streamlined home!

I hope this encourages you, I hope you have a prosperous NEW year!

No comments: