Friday, January 18, 2008

Service Please


Is it too much to ask...service please! I don't think so. I can remember my mom quoting, as she regularly did some tidbit of wisdom from some memorable source. This time, the golden rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". It's simple...treat others kindly, with respect, being genuine. And, as my children were growing up I remember instructing them when they had a particularly difficult situation "You don't have to like that person, but, you do not have to be mean or rude".
I had a pleasant experience yesterday, and it reminded me how important the little things are. I went in to the store to pay my cel-phone bill because I like human contact. I used to work for the cel-phone company so I know how hard we were pushed to 'make that sale' or 'upgrade features or services'. The sales agent I spoke to encouraged me to go through a different department to get the 'service' I was looking for. I knew what he was suggesting ment that he was missing out on a bit of commission. He was looking at the 'big picture': If I was happy I might come back when I was ready and eagerly spend my money at his store.
He was absolutely right...I will visit that store again, happily!
It's our goal here too: Kindness....genuine care...respect. Yes there might be times that we cannot meet your needs, we will try our darnest. But, we can ALWAYS use the golden rule. It's called customer service and it lives alive and well here.

No comments: