It's hard to come by. Honesty, sincerity and integrity sometimes feel like forgotten qualities. We all hope to be treated to honesty and sincerity through our daily dealings with people, and yet a good portion of the time we feel used and even sometimes betrayed or lied to. I hope that most of the time being misled is accidental, for example my own assumption leading to misunderstanding. But, there are the times that the bad manners or selfishness is intentional. I got some uncomfortable news about a friend. And the circumstances behind what happened is very mixed up, but let me say that their poor behavior has hurt me and caused me pain.
And one thing comes to mind: What goes around comes around. At first, I thought, "Ha...you can not behave like that without it coming around to bite you later". And then my consience got the best of me. I felt badly that I was gloating over some else's pain and misfortune. I wondered if I have ever caused someone pain without even knowing I have behaved poorly (I am pretty sure that I have). That realization gave me renewed drive to treat others with the honesty and sincerity that I would desire to be treated with.
I WILL treat others kindly, with honesty and sincerity. And, I hope to earn the label of "integrity", but it seems that you will have to decide that. Honestly...

1 comment:
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I agree with you about Arabians. They are talented horses.
Post a Comment