Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ahhh, Spring!


The long wait, the excruciatingly long wait is finally over! It's here...at last! It makes me want to just go outside and soak it all up! Spring has finally made it's appearance.
I enjoy all the seasons, but somehow spring and fall are my favorites for similar and very different reasons. As most people experience spring is fresh...new...awakening and exhilarating, I feel these things too.
This year, I am adding anticipation to the mix. Through out the winter we have been working toward having the storage facility ready for the buzz of activity that spring and summer brings. I am excited to see the puddles of standing water and mud finally give way to growing things. Both plant and animals are growing here!
Recently, while I was moving the courtesy truck to accommodate an incoming semi-truck I startled a momma Killdeer bird sheltering her babies. Actually, I almost ran them over with the truck, but thankfully I saw them before that and I was able to change my direction before disaster. For the last few months we have noticed them (both mom and dad bird) flopping around near us attempting to distract us from finding their nest when we venture too close. I knew they were there...I just didn't expect to see them so close up. And a few days later I have seen the family cruising around the property enjoying spring!
Ahhhh, finally Spring!!!

No comments: